Friday, June 24, 2011

Would you like butter on your popcorn?

As promised, a movie list. :)

True Blood: Season 3


I know it isn't a "movie" per se, but it's 12 hours of viewing pleasure, so it gets included. I linked this in to the previous post, so it's only fair that I put it here. The entire True Blood franchise is fantastic, and while season 3 lagged a little, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Season 4 starts on June 26 (Sunday!), so you only have a couple of days to catch up on it. Pick your team carefully, Bill or Eric.






The Millennium Trilogy


I read these books a year ago and couldn't put them down. Since then I've recommended them to a whole bunch of people, and made others watch the movie. My awesome boyfriend made the whole trilogy of the movies a "surprise present" for me while I was going crazy during comp exams, and now he's going to have to watch them with me. Which isn't a punishment... it's a whole bunch of awesomeness. These are the Swedish versions, with dubbing (that doesn't suck) and subtitles if you wish. The American version of the film is scheduled for release in December of this year.






Limitless


I haven't actually seen this movie yet, and it isn't released until July, but it looked like a good idea. In case you missed the previews, Limitless is about a special little pill that no, doesn't help with erectile dysfunction, but actually helps you access ALL the parts of your brain. Since you know, the average human being only utilizes 10-12% of their brain.





Greek: The Complete Series


While I don't even know if they make the complete series on DVD or Blu-ray yet, I do know that Netflix carries it on their On Demand program. Which is how I watched it. I didn't rush Greek while I was in college, and this series basically allowed me to live vicariously through the pleasant moments of the Greek system while also solidifying that I in no way regret remaining an "independent" throughout my academic career. I became addicted to this show while conveniently studying for my comprehensive exam last semester. I passed AND finished the series.... win-win.




 The Collector


Again, another movie I haven't actually *seen*, but I do own. I heard good things about this movie, and as I'm at a complete lack for any good horror movies coming out this summer, and I'd hate to recommend Saw 7, because it was awful, I'll go with a movie I haven't seen, but others thought was good. Because horror movies are so hit and miss, and this way, I can't be held accountable for it if you hate it.






Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1


Because you need to prepare for Part 2.










Bridesmaids


I was lucky enough to be able to see a screening of this movie a week before it opened, and it was absolutely hilarious. A female version of The Hangover in a way, the whole cast was perfectly casted, and I loved the characters of each one. Plus, if you've ever been a bridesmaid, then you can relate to this movie. If you've been a bridesmaid as many times as I have this year, then you'll understand why watching one woman ruin another's wedding is just a teeny tiny bit hilarious.






Alright, so go buy something. Or rent it. Or stream it. I don't care how you watch it, but get caught up with the times. And let me know if there's anything you'd recommend to me.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Gotta catch up on Trueblood, Greek, and def. want to see limitless....love ur list!

    ReplyDelete