Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Such a totally cliche title, and not that any of you *totally* care about my weekend, but you know....

Friday night Matt and I had a cute little date night at my apartment. He woke up and thought "I'm gonna get a car today", so we did some errand-running in his new car, and then came home with some pizza and watched a movie.

We watched the new Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, because we've been watching the series and hadn't seen this one yet. I was less than riveted by the movie, and Matt spent much of the evening Google-ing things to do with/to his car, so he obviously wasn't too super thrilled with it, either. But I finished it and didn't hate it. I however, am desperately searching for something to replace the Harry Potter series once the last movie occurs next month, so I seek to be highly entertained by anything fantasy-like that I can find.

Next I will start watching the Game of Thrones series on HBO On Demand.... as soon as I get a decent way through the book. Just so that the important parts of the book aren't ruined for me, but I'm still entertained by the show. (This has been my strategy with the True Blood series, and so far, it's been successful.)

(Side note: have you noticed how good awesome I've become with these embedded Amazon links?)

Saturday was Miss Rachel's baby shower in Austin, so I woke up early to catch up on the Casey Anthony trial while getting ready for the drive. Lucky for me Judge Perry sent the jury home early and I was able to get ready for her and Molly's big day without too many distractions (This is coming from the girl who reads her Kindle while straight ironing her hair.)

I took the diaper cake and headed to Cedar Park for the much anticipated party. Rachel's friend Jenny did a fantastic job organizing the party, had tons of great food set out for the guests, an adorable cake for the party, and enough presents for one guest (totally not me) to exclaim "All this stuff is enough to make me want to have a kid!".

All in all, Miss Molly made a fantastic haul even while still in utero, and Rachel is an adorable mommy-to-be who even though she *claims* she is crankier than usual, I couldn't tell at all. For everything she's gone through to bring Molly to planet earth safe and sound, she makes it look easy, and for that I admire her. I know I for sure couldn't have done it with half the grace she has... I would totally have been a whiny bitch.I can't wait to meet the little spawn. <3

Myself, Miss Rachel, and Miss Sarah

On Sunday I made mini red velvet cupcakes with a white chocolate infused cream cheese icing for the premiere of True Blood season 4. I also made full size ones with the leftover batter, but really, the mini ones are like bite-sized bits of heaven and I ended up trashing a bunch of them because they're so damn tempting. 

We bummed around for some of the afternoon, then stopped at Staples so I could print copies of my resume and transcripts for a job interview this week (Friday at 10, y'all... keep those fingers crossed!) then met my parents, sister and future brother in law for a belated Father's Day dinner. We headed home afterwards to watch the season premiere of my favorite show, thereby wrapping up a fun little weekend. Which was sort of a glimpse of what life will be like once we officially live together in less than two weeks. (Squee!!)

This morning I totally had a moment of panic in which the 12 boxes I have packed of mostly books and art supplies is not nearly the dent I thought it was, and I need to start cleaning out stuff and packing boxes like, ASAP. 

Then I got to work and thought to myself "Dude, you've got two weeks and a few days off to sort that out... just chill for a bit."

So I squashed the "I need to do something to prepare for this move" itch and called Time Warner Cable to schedule an appointment to set up our cable and was thoroughly surprised by the awesome service I got. We pay $30 to our apartment complex for basic cable a month, but anything above that needs to be sorted out through TWC themselves. I was able to get the following package:

Digital TV package for 2 TVs
1 DVR
HBO
Free Showtime for 1 year (which allows me to watch Dexter when season six starts!)
High Speed Internet + Power Booster
HD channels

..... all for $77.50 a month. After taxes and fees. I seriously felt like I was making money off this deal. (Then I later remembered she removed the basic cable charge from my bill, so it's actually like paying $107.50 a month) Right now I pay about $120/month for my AT&T services, so I'm still happy. 

That's about it for the mundane and typical right now. Apologies for the lack of anything substantial or witty. 

<3


2 comments:

  1. Molly and I think you are quite witty and were very happy to see you this weekend. Hopefully we'll see you again before too long.

    ReplyDelete